Property Assessed Financing (PACE)
PACE programs are strictly voluntary and not sponsored or paid for by the City of Anaheim, Public Utilities. There is no affiliation between the City of Anaheim and the PACE providers listed below.
Anaheim Customers are advised to carefully evaluate any proposed provider and review all contractual assessment terms and conditions before participating in any PACE program. This is important since PACE loans are secured by a lien on your property and will likely increase your property tax bill. The City of Anaheim highly recommends that you consult a tax professional before entering into any PACE agreement since delinquent payments may result in foreclosure proceedings.
- California HERO this program is tailored to residential single-family homes
- Figtree PACE this program is tailored to multi-family and commercial buildings
- CaliforniaFIRST this program is tailored to both residential single-family homes and commercial buildings
- California Municipal Finance Authority (CMFA) this program is tailored to residential single-family homes
- Ygrene this program is tailored to residential single-family homes
The Property Assessed Clean Energy program has been widely promoted in California as an innovative and alternative form of financing for improvements for the benefit of the public and California’s environment.
The promotion of the Property Assessed Clean Energy financing is now a popular and widespread form of alternative financing for consumers seeking solar energy, water conservation, energy efficiency, and earthquake retrofitting improvements to the benefit of all Californians.
The consumer obligation to repay voluntary contractual assessments created by the Property Assessed Clean Energy program is sometimes misunderstood and may affect the consumer’s ability to refinance their loan or sell their property.
Making residential real estate secured loans to consumers through Property Assessed Clean Energy financing for home improvements has grown rapidly, raising questions as to whether the Property Assessed Clean Energy program is adequately supported by government regulation.
In order to provide protection for customers, the California State
Residential Consumer Protection Policies by program:
- Ygrene Consumer Protection Policies
- California Home Energy Renovation Opportunity (HERO)
- California Municipal Finance Authority (CMFA)