Housing & Community Development Commission

The Housing and Community Development Commission is comprised of 4 Neighborhood Councils that are appointed by the City Council. The Commission acts as an advisory body to the City Council and assists in soliciting citizen participation relating to community development efforts and uses of HUD funds within each respective neighborhood council area.

  • 5 p.m.
  • 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month
  • Anaheim West Tower, 10th Floor
    201 S. Anaheim Blvd.
    Anaheim, CA 92805
The Housing and Community Development Commission has 7 members. All members shall be qualified electors of the City and shall not hold any paid office or employment in the City government. Appointed as follows: 3 at-large; 1 member appointed to each of the following Neighborhood Council for - West Anaheim, East Anaheim, Central Anaheim, and South Anaheim; (2 of the the 7 members shall be tenant members). Commission members may serve up to 2 consecutive 4-year terms and may not concurrently serve on 2 or more City boards and commissions.
Appointed By
End of Term
Gail Anderson
Eastman June 30, 2017
Fernando Dorado
Galloway June 30, 2018
Chris Emami
Tait June 30, 2020
John Gatti
Eastman June 30, 2019
Norma Kurtz
Brandman June 30, 2017
Claudia Perez
Kring June 30, 2018
Vacancy   June 30, 2019
  • Conduct and carry out the functions as are prescribed by the Housing Authorities Law (commencing with Section 34100 of the California Health and Safety Code).
  • Perform functions prescribed in the City’s Citizen Participation Plan, which includes:
    • Review funding requests and submit CDBG, ESG, and HOME funding recommendations to the City Council.
  • Hold required public hearings, in accordance with Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requirements.
  • Perform such additional duties and functions as may be required from time to time by specific action and direction of the City Council.
Each member of the Housing and Community Development Commission receive $50 per meeting.

Conflict Disclosure
Members are required to complete and file, with the City Clerk, an annual Statement of Economic Interest, Form 700.