Ways to Save Energy
Beat The Heat
- and get your home ready for rising temperatures
- Schedule a Home Utility Check-Up. This free personalized analysis of your home’s air conditioning, lighting, appliance use and building envelope will help you identify simple steps you can take to be more efficient. The service technician will also provide you with free, high-efficiency LED bulbs so you can start saving energy right away.
- Perform a tune-up on your air conditioning unit. Your A/C system should be checked annually to operate efficiently, and Anaheim Utilities will help with a $75 rebate (up to $100 for those who meet income-qualified guidelines). Simply hire your own licensed A/C contractor to complete a diagnostic evaluation that ensures your system has correct refrigerant charge,
air flow, clean coils and filters and preserves your manufacturer’s warranty.
- Upgrade to an energy-saving alternative Choose from a selection of alternatives to help you stay cool this summer, now with increased rebate levels. Measures are required to meet high-efficiency guidelines, such as ENERGY STAR ratings, that may improve their performance by as much as 20 percent.
- Recycle your old refrigerator/freezer In many households the refrigerator can be the biggest energy guzzler. Not only will you receive $50 for recycling your spare, you’ll also lower your utility bill.