Anaheim Connects Grant
Anaheim Connects is a transportation planning effort designed to spur and support private investment by identifying multi-modal solutions that create regional and seamless connectivity for the nearly 50 million employees, residents, and visitors traveling between housing, jobs, professional sports venues, outdoor recreation, and tourist destinations in Orange County.
The project study area is known locally by two distinct names: The Platinum Triangle (820 acres) and The Anaheim Resort (1,078 acres).
The project will explore both north to south and east to west transit and active transportation opportunities to improve safety and quality of life, reduce traffic congestion, and support economic growth.
It leverages substantial ongoing and planned private investment in the project area and region and will support critical connections to job centers.
Anaheim Connects planning project focuses on:
A) transit and street improvements centered around an east to west transit connector linking ARTIC and future development to the state’s largest job center, The Anaheim Resort area;
B) pedestrian and bicycle improvements that include connections designed to spur future economic development along the Santa Ana River Trail; and
C) public/private partnerships with developers and operators of major venues located within the project study area.
Equally important will be outreach and engagement with the community and stakeholders.
The city is requesting $2.379 million in planning funds from the U.S. Department of Transportation RAISE (Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity) grant program to complete the Anaheim Connects plan.
The following are links to documents supporting our efforts
Additional Support Documents
Santa Ana River Active Transportation
- River Corridor Civil Engineering Feasibility Study (ongoing)
- Santa Ana Riverwalk ULI Technical Assistance Panel Study
- Angel Stadium Development Project
- Honda Center’s Development Project: OC Vibe
- The Anaheim Resort Mobility Study (ongoing)
- Center City Vision Plan
- Central Harbor Boulevard Corridor Study
- Disneyland Resort Specific Plan
- Anaheim Resort Specific Plan
- Platinum Triangle Specific Plan
Other Background Information:
- Pavement Management Plan
- City Budget 2019-2020
- Anaheim Resort Transportation: Integrated Transportation and Capacity Building Plan
- ATID 2018-2019 Annual Report