2017 SmartScape Workshop
Anaheim Public Utilities and Orange County Coastkeeper are hosting a SmartScape workshop. SmartScapes are drought-tolerant, water-saving landscapes that can help conserve water and energy while reducing maintenance costs. Coastkeeper offers assistance to property owners, landscaping contractors, residents, and businesses that want to convert their property into environmentally conscious, water saving works of art. Join us for an informative water efficient landscaping workshop on Thursday, July 20th from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Ponderosa Community Center located at 2100 S Haster St in Anaheim.
2017 Annual Water Conservation Poster Contest
All first- through eighth-graders in public or private Anaheim schools were invited to create a colorful poster illustrating the theme: “Water is Life”.
See the winning posters.
Every Drop Counts
Anaheim's Watering Schedule
- Homes with street addresses ending in an odd number are allowed to water on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday
- Homes with street addresses ending in an even number are allowed to water on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- Watering is limited to a maximum of 8 minutes for standard sprinklers and bubblers and 15 minutes for high-efficiency nozzles per irrigation station per assigned day, with an exemption for drip irrigation
- Landscape irrigation is limited to before 9 a.m. and after 6 p.m. to reduce evaporative water waste. Exceptions include spot watering with a hose and nozzle and as necessary for irrigation system maintenance and repairs. Adjust landscape or turf watering to eliminate runoff.
State-wide Water Conservation
The following mandatory water conservation measures are in
Donot wash down driveways and sidewalks with potable water, except to address an immediate health and safety need
- Avoid using a hose to wash a motor vehicle, except where the hose is fitted with a shutoff nozzle
- Using potable water in a fountain or decorative water feature is
prohibited,unless the water is re-circulated
- City fire hydrants are only to be flushed if the flushing is needed for immediate public health and safety reasons, to ensure compliance with drinking water standards or if the discharged water is captured and reused
- Restaurants and food establishments may only serve and refill water for patrons upon request
- Hotels, motels, and other commercial lodging establishments must prominently display notices that laundering towels and linens daily is optional