Book Clubs for Adults
Central Library Book Club
During the Library's temporary closure, the Central Library Book Club is temporarily meeting on Zoom.
If you would like to join the discussion, please email Barbie McConnell at email@example.com.
• "The Space Between Us" by Thrity Umrigar on November 12, 2020 at 5 p.m.
• "The Snow Child" by Eowyn Ivey on December 10, 2020 at 5 p.m.
• "Angela's Ashes: A Memoir" by Frank McCourt on January 14, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "The Sound of Waves" by Yukio Mishima on February 11, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr on March 11, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "The Illustrated Man" by Ray Bradbury on April 8, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison on May 13, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "Long Way Down" by Jason Reynolds on June 10, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "Olive Kitteridge" by Elizabeth Strout on July 8, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "White Oleander" by Janet Fitch on August 12, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "The Children Act" by Ian McEwan on September 9, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "In the Time of the Butterflies" by Julia Alvarez on October 14, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "Daughters of the Samurai: A Journey from East to West and Back" on November 4, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "Hotel on the Corner on Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford on December 9, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Book Club Kits
Is your book club looking for a great book to discuss at your next book club meeting?
Check out our Book Club Kit collection! Book Club Kits contain 10-13 copies of a book, suggested discussion questions, an author biography, and a summary of the book, with all items provided in a convenient tote bag.
Book Club Kits check out for 6 weeks, and Anaheim Public Library cardholders in good standing may borrow two kits at a time. Book Club kits are able to be requested online and picked up at your local branch. The borrower is responsible for ensuring that all items contained in the kit are returned in the tote bag to the Central Library's Reference Desk by the due date.
See the current list of titles available and check back often, as new Book Club Kits will be added regularly.
Canyon Hills & East Anaheim Book Club
Zoom Book Discussion
During East Anaheim Branch's temporary closure, we are combining the Canyon Hills and East Anaheim book discussions monthly on the third Thursday of each month from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Each month features a new discussion book. The Friends of the Canyon Hills Library provide multiple copies of the book discussion title each month.
Sunkist Branch Book Club
During the Library's temporary closure, the Sunkist Book Club will meet on Zoom.
If you would like to join the discussion, please email Barbie McConnell at BMcConnell@anaheim.net