ANAHEIM, Calif. (Jan. 8, 2016) — The first heavy El Niño storms of the season have passed through Anaheim, leaving us with a glimpse of what’s to come this season. This weekend is a good time to assess your home and determine if any fixes or improvements should be made.
Some helpful home-check tips:
• If safe to do so, have your roof checked and all debris removed
• Clear rain gutters
• Clear and adjust downspouts to redirect water
• Slope soil around your house to carry away water
• Check and re-secure yard furniture, covers or tarps
• Ensure you have easy access to shovels, brooms, flashlights and tools that may be needed to address flooding
• Get and place sandbags ahead of the next storm
Unfilled sandbags are available to Anaheim residents and business owners for pick up at any of our 11 fire stations and at our Public Works Operations facility (400 E. Vermont Ave.). Find the list of fire stations and more El Niño information at Anaheim.net/BeRainReady.