Watering of landscape or turf is limited to 3 days per week
- Homes with street addresses ending in an odd number are allowed to water on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
- Homes with street addresses ending in an even number are allowed to water on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday
- Watering is limited to a maximum of eight minutes for standard sprinklers and bubblers and 15 minutes for high efficiency nozzles per irrigation station per assigned day, with an exemption for drip irrigation
- Landscape irrigation is limited to before 9 a.m. and after 6 p.m. to reduce evaporative water waste. Exceptions include spot watering with a hose and nozzle and as necessary for irrigation system maintenance and repairs. Adjust landscape or turf watering to eliminate runoff.
In addition to the new landscape watering schedule, the following mandatory water conservation measures are in effect:
- Do not wash down driveways and sidewalks with potable water, except to address an immediate health and safety need
- Avoid using a hose to wash a motor vehicle, except where the hose is fitted with a shutoff nozzle
- Using potable water in a fountain or decorative water feature is prohibited, unless the water is re-circulated
- City fire hydrants are only to be flushed if the flushing is needed for immediate public health and safety reasons, to ensure compliance with drinking water standards or if the discharged water is captured and reused
- Restaurants and food establishments may only serve and refill water for patrons upon request
- Hotels, motels, and other commercial lodging establishments must prominently display notices that laundering towels and linens daily is optional For more water saving tips, visit www.anahiem.net/savewater.