Did you know that changing standard T12 fluorescent lamps to T8 fluorescent lamps with electronic ballasts can save up to 10% to 15% on your electric bill each month? Similar savings may be achieved when converting an HID system to either a T8 or T5 LED lighting system.
Changing your light bulbs to more efficient models is quick and easy. We even provide financial incentives to reduce the cost of making the switch! Incentives are $.075 per kWh of reduced lighting energy use or $200 per kW of reduced on peak demand up to $50,000 per project or 50% of labor and materials whichever is less.
How the Program Works
- You may choose to submit a third party proposal for your lighting project at any time. The Department will review the proposal or may, with the customer’s approval, conduct a free on-site lighting audit, including an analysis of your existing lighting system - and proposed lighting-efficiency upgrades, an energy cost evaluation, and estimations of your installation costs, incentive amount, and more.
- Based on the customer’s approved third-party lighting proposal or the Department’s audit findings, you determine what lighting improvements to make and select the vendor of your choice.
- Before beginning improvements, request a pre-inspection of existing lighting to be replaced. Lighting installations must begin within 60 days of approval and be completed within the following 60 days.
- After installation, our representative will come to your site to verify the improvements.
- You will receive your incentive check within 6 weeks of the post-construction inspection and our receipt of a copy of your paid itemized invoice.
See Table for customer rebate forms and lighting worksheet.
For more information, call 714.765.4259 or fill out the form below. You may also e-mail your questions directly to our program representative.
(Subject to available funding.)
Note: Anaheim Public Utilities offers lighting seminars and presentations to help you better understand the wide range of energy-efficient lighting options. Call 714.765.4259 to inquire.
|Complete and submit the following form. A representative will call you within a week of receipt. |