Allow our expert to help you find simple, practical ways to reduce your utility bills by increasing water- and energy- efficiency. This free, customized analysis focuses on your home’s water- and electric- use patterns. We will show you how simple repairs and upgrades, such as repairing water leaks, replacing broken sprinkler heads, using high-efficiency light bulbs (LEDs) and upgrading older, inefficient appliances, can save you water, energy, and money.
Did you know?
- LEDs use a fraction of energy than standard incandescent bulbs.
- Setting your air conditioning thermostat above 78 degrees saves about 10 percent of electricity for each degree over 78.
- A low-flow showerhead can save as much as 2,000 gallons of water each year.
- Fixing a dripping faucet can save hundreds of gallons each month.
How the Program Works
1. Contact us by phone or sign up at the bottom of this page. We will schedule an appointment at your convenience.
2. Our expert will conduct a survey of your home and will ask you questions about your typical water and electric use patterns. Your home check-up will include items such as:
a. Efficiency analysis of appliances (clothes washer, dishwasher, refrigerator, air conditioning, etc.)
b. Survey of your home’s envelope (windows, doors, weather-stripping, insulation, etc.)
c. Water leak detection of all plumbing fixtures
d. Indoor and outdoor water-use analysis
e. Installation of FREE, low-flow showerheads, faucet aerators, toilet dams and flappers (as needed), plus up to five LED Light bulbs.
3. An assessment will be completed on the spot. Our expert will review problem areas with you and suggest improvements. A typical Home Utility Check-Up, including review and assessment, takes about one hour.
4. About two weeks after your check-up, you will receive a more comprehensive personalized report in the mail containing specific energy- and water-saving recommendations for your home as well as referral to other beneficial programs and services.