If you are currently operating a Short-Term Rental in the City of Anaheim, you are required to submit a completed application along with the $250 Registration Fee. Short-Term Rental Permits are non-transferrable, and any change in ownership or address of the rental property would require a new application be filled out and submitted within 14 days of such a change, along with the $250 Registration Fee.
In order to obtain a Short-Term Rental Permit, you must:
If approved, a REG Permit ID# will be issued for your property. If you operate multiple short-term rentals, you must apply separately for each address. Your unique REG Permit ID# must be included in all advertisements for your short-term rental property. Each Short-Term Rental Permit must be renewed annually by resubmitting an application form and resubmitting the Registration Fee, which will be used by the Community Preservation & Licensing Division to administer the Short-Term Rental Program.
The program will be administered by the Community Preservation & Licensing Division, which has the power to:
- Investigate complaints and issue notices of violation
- Issue Civil Citations according to the approved penalty schedule
- Conduct Compliance inspections as a result of repeated complaints or violations made on a property, or when deemed necessary by the Planning Director
The application can be filled-out online, but can only be:
- Submitted in person at Anaheim City Hall 200 S. Anaheim Blvd #136 First Floor, Anaheim California, 92805, or
- Mailed to P.O. Box 6104, Anaheim California, 92803.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the City of Anaheim’s Business License staff at 714-765-5194.