Neighborhood Services Mission
The mission of the Neighborhood Services Division is to facilitate a city-wide effort to improve the “livability” of Anaheim neighborhoods by enabling residents to assist themselves through the creation of partnerships between the City and other community-wide resources.
- Facilitates cooperation between residents, Owners, Schools, businesses, religious organizations, non-profit agencies, City departments and other stakeholders to improve and strengthen neighborhoods
- Provide a “single point of contact” to assist residents in resolving neighborhood issues
- Provides guidance to Anaheim neighborhoods wanting to organize and improve the quality of life within their neighborhoods through community meetings.
- Fosters the building of neighborhood identity, community and pride
- Encourages residents to become involved through community outreach, education and events
- Coordinates and enables residents ‘involvement in the citizen participation process for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program.
- Coordinates efforts between City departments to address improvement of neighborhood livability
- Work with all city departments to locate funding for neighborhood projects
Since its inception in 1857, the City of Anaheim has grown to have a unique blend of historic homes, mid century construction and new development. This ever-changing landscape has shaped the city into the wonderfully unique place it is today. Anaheim Strives to assist neighborhood and community leaders in sustaining and increasing the overall safety, cleanliness and attractiveness of our neighborhoods. We hope to achieve this through facilitating District Team and Neighborhood Council meetings.
Neighborhood Services serves as a “single point of contact” for residents in need of assistance from the City of Anaheim. When resident are unsure of what city department to contact in order to address a particular neighborhood issue, Neighborhood Services serves as an intermediary in order to ensure residents are connected with the appropriate city personnel and their issues are addressed.
Neighborhood Services assists residents by bringing stakeholders together to identify ways to make their community a better place to live. Improving the livability of neighborhoods can be accomplished in many ways. Neighborhood Services, in partnership with other City departments has strived to make improvements in the following ways:
- Addressing drug and gang activity
- Installation of curbs, gutters and sidewalks
- Installation of street lights, and traffic calming devices such as traffic signals, cul-de-sacs, lane striping and traffic signage
- Implementation of neighborhood-wide clean-up campaigns
- Improvement of flood zones and drainage areas
- Addition of landscaping for neighborhood beatification
A Key ingredient to the success of Neighborhood improvement efforts is the identification and training of potential community leaders. The Anaheim Neighborhood Academy was developed to identify and mold residents into community leaders. The Academy aims to give participants the tools necessary to navigate City processes and assist their communities in accomplishing goals for neighborhood goals and changes. For More information on the Anaheim Neighborhood Academy, contact Neighborhood Services at (714) 765-5235
Did you know the City of Anaheim receives CDBG Federal Funds annually for the purpose of providing public improvements and services? Anaheim has created 4 geographically based Neighborhood Council Districts to provide valuable public input into how the funds are used. For more information, please contact Anaheim Sporn at (714) 765-4456