The goal of the Risk Management Division is to minimize the exposure of the City's assets and resources (both human and financial) to accidental loss through effective utilization of professional risk management techniques, such as risk identification and evaluation, risk control (pre- and post-loss), risk transfer (insurance and non-insurance), and risk financing (traditional and non-traditional).
The following objectives are prioritized:
- Implement new and manage existing risk management programs to achieve the lowest cost-of-risk at the lowest operating cost
- Provide knowledgeable, professional consulting advice to City departments
- Manage the City's self-insured, self-administered workers' compensation claims program in accordance with applicable State law
- Manage the City's self-insured, self-administered civil liability claims program in accordance with applicable law
- Manage the City's industrial safety, health and regulatory compliance programs, providing departments with competent consulting and support to protect employees from, or minimize the severity of, workplace injury and illness and ensure compliance with Federal, State and local regulations.
For additional information:
Risk Administration 714.765.4380
Liability Claims 714.765.5193
Safety/Industrial Hygiene 714.765.4418
Workers' Compensation 714.765.5113
City of Anaheim
Risk Management Division
201 South Anaheim Boulevard, Suite 503
Anaheim, California 92805
(714) 765-5245 fax
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.