Kids & Families
Resources for Kids
- Check out eBooks and audiobooks for children of all ages.
- Tumblebooks provide an array of titles for kids as well as playlists and recommendations.
- A Card for Every Student (ACES) provides easy access to APL’s online resources for Anaheim high school students with your Anaheim Library card or your student ID number.
- Brainfuse offers tutoring services for all school subjects as well as help with standardized tests. Tutors are available every day from 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM PDT.
- Browse through the full list of Online Resources
Resources for Educators
During the school year we encourage teachers and students to take full advantage of the many materials and services offered by Anaheim Public Libraries. We have prepared these teacher pages to help you develop successful library assignments, plan for library visits, and get library cards for your students.
We are committed to helping your students complete their library assignments. We can help in the following ways:
- Assist them in finding sources in the reference collection
- Demonstrate the use of the online catalog and how to find materials in our collection
- Instruct them in the use of the periodical and newspaper indexes and locating those materials
- Offer bibliographies and advice on finding fiction or literature appropriate to their age and reading level
- Orient them to the library and its resources
Library Visits & Tours
Anaheim Public Library is temporarily closed as we do our part. We’ll be back soon and will keep you updated on our reopening!
Please contact your local neighborhood Anaheim Library for other options.
- Summer Reading Program happens yearly where your neighborhood Anaheim Library will host a variety of free programs and activities for children, teens, and adults to reach their reading goals and win prizes.
- Winter Reading Program kicks off winter break with incentives such as entries into raffles, a coupon for a free meal, or another fun prize!