2021 Young Artist Showcase
Upcoming Showcase Schedule
March: Fairmont Preparatory Academy
April: Cypress High School
May: Ball Junior High School
June: Anaheim High School
February: Sycamore Junior High School
The Anaheim Community Services Department invites applications for the 2021 Young Artist Showcase featuring the creative work of Anaheim residents and students in grades 7 to 12.
- Each school may submit a total of 3-5 students, per showcase opportunity.
- All applications must be submitted through the online form by the art teacher or administrator for each school. Student submissions will not be accepted without the teacher application.
- Once the application, required documents, and images have been received, a virtual art show will be created by Community Services Marketing Staff to showcase each school.
Biannual Student Showcase
If guidelines for gatherings allow, Anaheim Community Services may host an in-person art show to compliment the virtual student showcase. If such an event becomes a possibility, details will be shared with each designated school contact.
Virtual Art Exhibits
Due to facility closures, our Center Gallery has moved online. We are hosting artists virtually via Facebook and Instagram. If you would like to be considered for the 2021 Season, submit an Online Fine Arts Gallery Application.
Highlighting the talents of selected visual artists, the Center Gallery exhibits feature works throughout the year at the Downtown Anaheim Community Center.
- Provide local visual artists a 6 to 8 week long opportunity to exhibit artwork at the Downtown Anaheim Community Center
- Nurture working relationships/partnerships between local and regional artists, presenters, art organizations, and the Anaheim community
- Encourage creative growth among artists of all ages
- Exhibit artwork of Anaheim and the Greater Southern California region residents
- Demonstrate artistic creativity and ability in recent works
- Demonstrate ability to share their creative approach and engage in dialogue with City Council, the Cultural and Heritage Commission, students, and the Anaheim community
- Complete the Fine Arts Gallery Application
- Submit 6 recent work samples (photos or digital format acceptable) labeled with artist name, title, medium, and dimensions
- Current resume with education, exhibitions, collection(s), review, publications, and awards