Special Event Support
APPLICATION DUE DATES:
Formal Sponsorship - 5PM on March 31, 2023 (postmarks will not be accepted)
Informal Sponsorship - 60 Days prior to Date of Event
Who is eligible to apply for Special Event Support?
- Incorporated nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation
- California certified tax-exempt nonprofit organizations
- Public agencies, including public schools or school foundations in school districts
- Committees formally established by City Council
- Established clubs
- Associations or organized groups that provide services and programs directly to Anaheim for the benefit of its residents
What kind of event is eligible for support?
Events that meet the following criteria are eligible:
- Enhances current City programs or core services by providing additional programming, financial and/or in-kind resources, community outreach, staffing, volunteers or other tangible support to the City
- Is open to the public and does not require any entrance fees paid for admittance
- Provides significant citywide value, presented for the anticipated enjoyment and participation by a broad spectrum of the Anaheim community; the event shall not intentionally nor by design be presented for or intended to draw participation from a specific neighborhood area or region within the City and shall not exclude the participation of any segment of the community
How do I apply for support?
Applications must be submitted no later than 5pm on March 31, 2023 to apply for support for the following fiscal year (fiscal year runs July – June respectively).
Informal City Sponsorship applications are due 60 days prior to date of event.
- Complete the application by using the Online Form or
- , complete, and return the application to:
Anaheim Community Services Department
Special Event Financial Support Request
200 S. Anaheim Blvd., Suite 433
Anaheim, CA 92805
- Postmarks will not be accepted
What kind of support can I receive if my application is approved?
The City may provide Formal City Sponsorship via monetary funding and/or Informal Co-Sponsorship of in-kind services to support nonprofit entity events, programs or services that benefit Anaheim residents.
Informal Co-Sponsorship which does not provide monetary support, but may include: waiving of facility rental fees, city staff support to provide advice and/or logistical guidance, or permission to use the City logo on marketing materials.
What is the maximum amount of support I can receive for my event or program?
The amount of funding allocated for approved events may range from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $10,000. Total value of City support shall not exceed $10,000 per organization per fiscal year, and may not exceed the City approved budget (this includes but is not limited to waiver of facility rental fees, staff costs and/or equipment rental fees). The value of resources provided by the City in support of a partner event, program or service shall not exceed the value of the partner’s contribution.