JOIN THE BOARD
We are now accepting applications for an at-large representative. Applications are available online and will be available through April 30.
(Deadline extended due to coronavirus pandemic)
Questions call 714-765-4925
The Police Review Board is Anaheim’s civilian oversight board for the city’s police department.
The new review board will work closely with Anaheim’s independent external auditor, OIR Group, which has served as the city’s outside police practices adviser since 2007.
The review board will work with OIR Group and the police on major incidents and provide a forum and process for community concerns and complaints.
The board also will provide data on policing and an annual report on its work.
The review board is an expanded version of the Public Safety Board, which launched in 2014 as a two-year pilot program for civilian police oversight in Anaheim.
You can learn more about the review board by clicking on the fact sheet link in the upper right.
The board was seated in June 2018.
The board holds public meetings monthly. All meetings begin at 6 p.m. and are held in the Gordon Hoyt Conference Center, 201 S. Anaheim Blvd.
- Mar. 26- Cancelled due to coronavirus pandemic
- Apr. 23
- May 28
- June 25
- July 23
Previous meetings (View all Agendas, Minutes, and Audio Recordings for additional information):
- Sept. 27, 2018
- Oct. 18, 2018
- Nov. 8, 2018
- Dec. 13, 2018
- Jan. 24, 2019
- Feb. 28, 2019
- March 28, 2019
- April 25, 2019
- May 30, 2019
- June 27, 2019
- July 25, 2019
- Aug. 22, 2019
- Sept. 2019 - No meeting due to NACOLE Conference
- Oct. 24, 2019
- Nov. 14, 2019
- Dec. 12, 2019
- Jan. 23, 2020
- Feb. 27, 2020
Agendas, Minutes, and Audio Recordings
OIR Group reports
The OIR Group, Anaheim’s external independent police auditor, produces reports on Anaheim Police Department officer-involved shootings, uses of force and internal investigations.
- Anaheim Police Department Responses to OIR Group February 2018 Report
- Office of Independent Review Report February 2018
- Anaheim Police Department Response to OIR Group July 2016 Report
- Office of Independent Review Group Report July 2016
- Anaheim Police Department Response to OIR Group 2015 Report
- Office of Independent Review Group Report October 2015
- Office of Independent Review Group Report April 2015