Planning & Building
We're doing our part to keep our community healthy by serving customers by appointment only and outdoors
in front of City Hall.
A list of available services is below.
Make an appointment by calling (714) 765-5153
- Plan check submittals are received through appointment only. Please schedule an appointment for new submittals, resubmittals, revisions and deferred submittals.
- Permit issuance for projects with plans will be arranged through an appointment. See list of over the counter permits below.
- Picking up corrections will be arranged through an appointment.
Planning and Zoning
Remote (Phone/email) Planning Services Division Public Counter Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Planners are available to assist with general planning and zoning questions, signs, fences and walls, not requiring a Building permit. Please contact us by phone or email.
- Planning and Zoning Services call (714) 765-5139 or
- Planning and Zoning Services email: Planning@Anaheim.net.
- Please include the following information: name, site address, your specific question.
- For assistance regarding an Investigation or Code Enforcement issue, please call (714) 765-5366. Please leave a voice mail with your name, contact telephone number, site address and a brief description of the issue. Your assigned Planner will contact you to obtain all the required information needed to proceed.
- For projects requiring a Building, Mechanical, Electrical and/or Plumbing Permits, please call the Building Division for submittal instructions: (714) 765-5153.
- Zoning Verification Letter- To request a zoning verification letter, click here.
- Fence and Wall Zoning Permit (6 feet or less in height): To submit a fence and wall permit remotely, click here.
- General Planning and Zoning Services, click here.
- Anaheim Zoning Code, click here.
- Check the zoning on a property by using the online zoning look up tool, click here.
- Quick Planning and Zoning Reference Handouts, click here.
- Planning forms and applications: click here.
- Planning Commission Meeting Information: click here.
- Historic Preservation and Mills Act Questions: Please see our frequently asked questions here. Email your specific questions to HPreservation@Anaheim.net and include the following: name, site address, your specific question
- Business Assistance Program – the City offers resources and information beneficial for business owners in the process of opening a new business, remodeling, or expanding an existing business. Contact them at BusinessAssistance@Anaheim.net.
- Business License Applications
Applications are accepted by mail or temporarily reviewed via email.
Please visit the following link to obtain an application: http://www.anaheim.net/616/Business-License-Application
Once application is completed, contact our office for the total amount due. You may reach the business license staff at (714) 765-5194 or email us at email@example.com. Please note applications are not deemed complete until payment including all documents are received in our office.
- Renew your Business License
When submitting your payment, please be sure to read your renewal notice in its entirety with special attention to the middle section titled, “Calculation of Total Amount Due”. This section provides specific instructions in order to calculate the correct amount due.
You may renew in the following manner:
Renew online using your MasterCard, Visa & Discover credit card. Please use the following link and follow the instructions: http://www.anaheim.net/606/Renew-Online-Instructions
Renew by phone using your MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit card. Please contact our office at 714-765-5194.
Payments via phone will be accepted Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with the exception of holidays. Please be sure to have your business tax certificate number available.
If you choose the option to mail in your payment, please be sure to have your payment postmarked by the United States Post Office on or before your delinquent date as listed on the bottom left corner of your renewal notice. Failure to meet this deadline will result in additional penalties due.
- Please ensure your payment along with your TOT Return Notice is received in our office no later than 5 p.m. the last city business day of the month. If you plan on walking the payment into City Hall please note our modified hours of 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Mail: City of Anaheim, License Collector, P.O. Box 61042, Anaheim, CA 92803-6142
- For Overnight/Express Delivery Only: : City of Anaheim, License Collector, 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., #136 Anaheim, CA 92805
- Contact Us Business License Division Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 714-765-5194 Phone Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m Counter Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Questions or service requests, call: (714) 765-5158 or email CPreservation@anaheim.net
- Request virtual inspections via our website here.
Planning - Public Record Requests
- Submit an online public record for planning services here.
- Email your planning records request to PRecords@anaheim.net.
- For other department records click here.
Visit www.Anaheim.net/coronavirus for more details on these and other services.
As a result of the threat of COVID-19, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20 (superseding the Brown Act-related provisions), which allows a local legislative body to hold public meetings via teleconferencing and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body. Pursuant to this Executive Order, Planning Commission members will participate in the January 20, 2021 meeting remotely. Members of the public will be able to access the meeting live on-line, with audio and limited video using the following link:
In addition, members of the public can submit comments electronically for Planning Commission consideration by sending them to email@example.com, or directly to the project planner as indicated on the agenda, prior to consideration of the agenda. Those comments will be distributed to the Planning Commission members and will be made part of the official public record of the meeting. Contact the Planning and Building Department at 714-765-5139, the project planner listed on the agenda, or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.