Book Clubs for Adults
Central Library Book Club
During the Library's temporary closure, the Central Library Book Club is temporarily meeting on Zoom.
If you would like to join the discussion, please email Barbie McConnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• "The Space Between Us" by Thrity Umrigar on November 12, 2020 at 5 p.m.
• "The Snow Child" by Eowyn Ivey on December 10, 2020 at 5 p.m.
• "Angela's Ashes: A Memoir" by Frank McCourt on January 14, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "The Sound of Waves" by Yukio Mishima on February 11, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr on March 11, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "How to Be an Antiracist" by Ibram X. Kendi on March 25, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "The Illustrated Man" by Ray Bradbury on April 8, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison on May 13, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "Long Way Down" by Jason Reynolds on June 10, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "Olive Kitteridge" by Elizabeth Strout on July 8, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "White Oleander" by Janet Fitch on August 12, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "The Children Act" by Ian McEwan on September 9, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "In the Time of the Butterflies" by Julia Alvarez on October 14, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "Daughters of the Samurai: A Journey from East to West and Back" on November 4, 2021 at 5 p.m.
• "Hotel on the Corner on Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford on December 9, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Book Club Kits
Is your book club looking for a great book to discuss at your next book club meeting?
Check out our Book Club Kit collection! Book Club Kits contain 10-13 copies of a book, suggested discussion questions, an author biography, and a summary of the book, with all items provided in a convenient tote bag.
Book Club Kits check out for 6 weeks, and Anaheim Public Library cardholders in good standing may borrow two kits at a time. Book Club kits are able to be requested online and picked up at your local branch. The borrower is responsible for ensuring that all items contained in the kit are returned in the tote bag to the Central Library's Reference Desk by the due date.
Canyon Hills & East Anaheim Book Club
Zoom Book Discussion
East Anaheim Branch is temporary closed. We are combining the Canyon Hills and East Anaheim book discussions on the third Thursday of each month from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Each month features a new discussion book. The Friends of the Canyon Hills Library provide multiple copies of the book discussion title each month.
Euclid Branch Book Club
Euclid Branch virtual book discussion is held every last Tuesday of the month, from 12 p.m. to 1:00 pm.
Please call Euclid Branch at (714) 765-3625 to register. Library staff will email you the Zoom meeting link information.
- "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer on May 25 at 12 p.m.
- "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein on June 29 at 12 p.m.
- "Cutting for Stone" by Abraham Verghese on July 27 at 12 p.m.
- "The Language of Flowers" by Vanessa Diffenbaugh on August 31 at 12 p.m.
- "In the Time of the Butterflies" by Julia Alvarez on September 28 at 12 p.m.
- "The Kept" by James Scott on October 26 at 12 p.m.
- "Bel Canto" by Ann Patchett on November 30 at 12 p.m.
- "The Pecan Man" by Cassie Selleck on December 14 at 12 p.m.
Sunkist Branch Book Club
During the Library's temporary closure, the Sunkist Book Club will meet on Zoom.
If you would like to join the discussion, please email Barbie McConnell at BMcConnell@anaheim.net