ANAHEIM, Calif. (Nov. 13, 2022) — More than 900 people saw free medical, dental, vision and other care on Nov. 12-13 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
For many, the Anaheim Health Fair might be the only time they see a doctor. Those treated included seniors, families with young kids, grown children with older parents, those without insurance, recent immigrants and those living in homelessness.
Others, including those with insurance, came for the convenience of free care with no copayments, insurance forms or other extensive paperwork and the ease of getting care on the spot without an appointment.
Many served where from Anaheim or our immediately neighboring cities.
The Anaheim Health Fair, now in its 16th year, provided people and families with a wide range of entirely free healthcare, including:
- Vitals screening: oxygen levels, blood pressure
- Blood screening: diabetes, cholesterol, hemoglobin
- Dental: fillings, extractions
- Vision: glaucoma screening, inner eye exams, vision tests, glasses made on the spot
- Hearing tests
- Mammograms and pap smears
- Flu shots, COVID-19 boosters
- Mental health consultations
The Anaheim Health Fair takes place each year with early work on 2023’s event already underway.
You can check back at Anaheim.net/healthfair for more details as they come available.